Tajweed Made Easy is a 8 week online course organised by the Caribbean Muslim Network aimed at develpoing the ability to recite the Quran fluently and with precision.
The best amongst you is he who learns the Quran and teaches it.Saying of Prophet Muhammad
The Arabic word ‘Tajweed’ linguistically means ‘proficiency’ or ‘doing something well’. It comes from the same root letters as the word Jayyid, which means ‘good’. When applied to the Quran, it means giving every letter of the Quran its rights and dues of characteristics when we recite the Quran, and observing the rules that apply to those letters in different situations. We give the letters their rights by observing the essential characteristics of each letter.
STARTING DATE: Sunday 29th November 2020
TIME: 3PM EST/ 7PM GMT
ZOOM LOGIN: Meeting ID: 879 3033 0597 (All sessions)
FORMAT: LIVE weekly Zoom classes will be supported with online learning resources on website caribbeanmuslim.net. Students will also need to complete a downloadable Tajweed workbook. Students will have the opportunity to practice their recitation online.
COURSE FEES: FREE (Sponsored by the Caribbean Muslim Network)
TUTOR: Hafiz Mohammad Yusuf
Mohammad Yusuf is a dentist by profession. He also serves as an Imam leading the Taraweeh Prayers during Ramadan in Manchester UK.
He memorised the Quran at an early age and then studied at the leading Islamic institution – Institut Européen Des Sciences Humaines Chateau Chinon (European Institute of Human Sciences) in Chateau Chinin, France where he obtained Ijaazah (certificationn) in teaching and perfection of Quran recital.
He is an experieced teacher and has conducted several tajweed courses organised by the Federation of Student Islamic Societies UK, The European Academy of Quranic Studies and the Islamic Society of Britain.
- Topics taught during this level:
- Istaaza and Basmala rules
- Definition of Tajweed
- Principles of Tajweed science and its rules
- Makharij and Sifaat of all Arabic letters
- Corners of the right recitations and its levels, the signs of stopping (al-Waqf) in Madinah Mushaf.
- Rules of doubles Meem and noon letters.
- Character of Qallqlah and its letters.
- Rules of silent Meem letter.
- Rules of silent Nun and Tanween
- Study of Tajweed rules from the Aljazariyyah poem
By the end of this level the student will acquire
- the knowledge of Istaaza and Basmala rules.
- The student will have the knowledge of the principle rules of Tajweed.
- The student will be able to practice the recitation of of the last 12 Surahs of Quran.
- Will be able to define the rules and apply them correctly and effortlessly.